The mission of South Baltimore Learning Center (SBLC) is to improve the self-sufficiency of educationally disadvantaged adults. SBLC is a community-based nonprofit organization providing functional literacy and life skills training, in addition to career preparation services, to residents in the Baltimore Area.
The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist is responsible for maintaining a professional, positive and friendly environment for welcoming learners and visitors. This position serves as a team player who supports key operational needs including screening incoming telephone calls, greeting visitors, and providing support to current and potential learners enrolled or interested in enrolling in SBLC programs.
- Welcome visitors in person or on the telephone.
- Maintain a safe and clean reception area.
- Follow procedures for monitoring logbooks and issuing visitor badges and
- Direct learners and visitors to the appropriate staff person.
- Screen and direct calls using the employee directory.
- Check voicemail and return phone calls.
- Respond to inquiries from prospective learners by providing accurate information about the intake process and program offerings.
- Schedule prospective learners for placement tests.
- Provide courtesy calls to current and prospective learners regarding testing and class attendance.
- Provide current and prospective learners with appropriate forms including those needed for registration, verification and high school withdrawal.
- Use database to input, maintain and track learner records.
- Assist Intake Specialist with maintaining learner records and files.
- Prepare correspondence letters, mailings and emails.
- Assist with preparing learner materials including testing, registration, and
- Assist team members with reserving conference rooms and maintaining the operational calendar.
- Generate reports using Microsoft Excel and Salesforce.
- Assist Administrative Manager with supplies, mail, and filing.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND TALENTS
- High School Diploma required
- 1 – 3 years of customer service experience required.
- 1 – 3 years of proven experience as an administrative assistant.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and maintain a
- Demonstrate excellent software skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel); Experience using Salesforce a plus.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Reliable and punctual with a good attendance record.
HOURS, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
FLSA Status: Full-Time Non-Exempt
The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the associate is often required to read, write, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or controls, reach with hands, and arms, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please do not