Development and Marketing Manager
The mission of South Baltimore Learning Center (SBLC) is to improve the self-sufficiency of educationally disadvantaged adults. SBLC is a community-based nonprofit organization providing functional literacy and life skills training, in addition to career preparation services, to residents in the Baltimore Area.
The Development and Marketing Manager reports to the Executive Director and works with the Grant Writer, Board of Directors, Fund Development Committee, Gala Committee and Marketing Committee to raise private funds—corporate, individual and foundation — necessary for the operation of the organization. The Development and Marketing Manager must be able to think strategically to implement a comprehensive, results-oriented marketing and development plan. Key components of this plan will include annual and major giving, sponsorship drives, social media campaigns, and fundraising events. The Manager is also responsible for helping to build and manage the organization’s brand and all aspects of marketing communications in order to raise awareness of the organization.
- Develop and execute an annual comprehensive development plan, in collaboration with the Executive Director, with targeted goals, objectives, methods, quantifiable outcomes and timelines which will achieve budgeted goals
- Execute a comprehensive marketing plan that includes day-to-day managements of events, media relations, social networking, website, newsletters, and branding
- Work collaboratively with Fund Development Committee, Gala Committee, Marketing Committee, Alumni, Board members, community members, funders, and other key constituents through cultivation efforts.
- Oversee the management and execution of the organization’s signature annual fundraising gala.
- Develop and monitor annual fund budget with realistic revenue and expense projections
- Manage gift processing and donor acknowledgement, donor database, and financial reporting
- Support the development of program partnerships and strategic alliances that will extend the organization’s brand in the community and increase avenues of support
- Manage and promote major donor and community engagement events.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND TALENTS
- At least three years of experience in fund development and marketing and/or event planning with proven success in raising private funding for nonprofit service sector
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- High energy, outgoing, team player, and a passion for SBLC’s mission is essential
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- Working knowledge of development best practices, trends in adult education and development, fundraising tools and technology, including donor databases, e-mail and online campaigns, and donor research
- Documented experience with nonprofit marketing and social media
- Experience working with volunteers, including a volunteer Board
- Working mastery of computer programs including: Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel, and familiarity with Donor Perfect and/or Salesforce preferred
HOURS, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
FLSA Status: Full-Time Non-Exempt
The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the associate is often required to read, write, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or controls, reach with hands, and arms, talk, and hear. An individual in this position will be required to lift or carry weight up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level is typically moderate.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call.