The mission of South Baltimore Learning Center (SBLC) is to improve the self-sufficiency of educationally disadvantaged adults. SBLC is a community-based nonprofit organization providing functional literacy and life skills training, in addition to career preparation services, to residents in the Baltimore Area.
The Development Associate (DA) is responsible for supporting the Development & Marketing Manager (DMM) by providing the administrative support required for the department. This position requires technological expertise and attention to detail. It supports the full range of fundraising activities including annual giving, foundation relations, special events, campaign management, and the cultivation and stewarding of donors.
- Work as a key member of the Development Team supporting and assisting in fund development for all annual fundraising activities
- Provide support for department efforts including but not limited to: preparing mailings, event prep, written gift acknowledgements, database information updates, maintaining records and preparing reports
- Responsible for all gift entry and acknowledgement – ensuring all gifts are properly recorded and acknowledged in a timely manner
- Prepare annual workplace giving applications and ensure all workplace campaign gifts are entered into our database and acknowledged
- Maintain up-to-date donor records and donor mailing lists for fundraising campaigns, events, and newsletters
- Produce accurate donor reports upon request
- Along with DMM, work with the Finance department on monthly gift reconciliations
- Work closely with Development staff to ensure that donor visits/appointments are confirmed, complete appropriate research, and coordinate preparation and follow-up materials for meetings as appropriate
- Provides prompt response to donor inquiries received by phone, email or mail
- Represent Development Department, as needed, at community events.
- Support the DMM with daily tasks, scheduling, planning and follow-up
- Participate in departmental and organizational meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the DMM or Executive Director
Qualifications, Skills & Talents
- Previous development experience preferred
- Donor database experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)•
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including phone and email etiquette
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Follow-through on tasks; attention to detail
- Ability to represent the organization professionally
- Must be capable of working with sensitive information with discretion and complete confidentiality
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of adult literacy
Hours, Compensation & Benefits
FLSA Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt, 12-month position working 20-hours per week.
Compensation is $20/hr. Part-Time employees are paid at an hourly rate and are not eligible for
benefits and do not accrue vacation leave during the period they are employed.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the associate is often required to read, write, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or controls, reach with hands, and arms, talk, and hear. An individual in this position will be required to lift or carry weight up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level is typically moderate.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please do not call.