The mission of SBLC | Learning Works (formerly South Baltimore Learning Center) is to improve the self-sufficiency of educationally disadvantaged adults. SBLC is a community-based nonprofit organization providing functional literacy and life skills training, in addition to career preparation services, to residents in the Baltimore area.
- This position serves as the initial contact for the learner.
- This position provides intake, assessment and placement services for all learners.
- This position will maintain a key role on the Data Quality Team, Bi-weekly attendance meeting. and other state required activities.
- This position will follow up on academic challenges that hinder level progression and with the instructional and program team and help develop strategies that will assist with learner gains.
Intake/ Assessment and Placement:
- Implement intake, assessment, and placement; work with MIS to track learner academic progression.
- With the assistance of the Technology Education Manager, arrange locations, schedule, and conduct pre-testing for new learners and post-testing for eligible enrolled learners.
- Act as the main POC and Proctor for CASAS testing.
- Develop and manage procedure for assessment and placement of learners in appropriate level classes at appropriate educational functioning levels.
- Implement program’s managed enrollment process including scheduling, managing and documenting wait list.
- Maintain master class list to ensure all level classes meet the minimum number of required enrollees.
- Order, inventory, and ensure security of test materials including GED Ready and GED vouchers.
- Communicate with the Learner Support Specialist, learners and instructors regarding placement, progress and attendance issues.
- With the support of the LSS prepare attendance reports for the MIS.
- Schedule and facilitate biweekly attendance meetings.
- Works in collaboration with the MIS to maintain learner records and ensure documentation is complete and meets data quality standards.
- Performing other duties as assigned based upon program demographics, enrollment trends, and the needs of target populations.
- Provide current and prospective learners with appropriate forms including those needed for registration, verification and high school withdrawal.
- Use database to input, maintain and track learner records.
- Respond to inquiries from prospective learners by providing accurate information about the intake process and program offerings.
- Schedule prospective learners for placement tests.
- Provide courtesy calls to current and prospective learners regarding testing and class attendance.
- Contact all new submission learners requesting information regarding the program.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, & TALENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred in related field.
- Experience in adult education and assessment.
- Must have background and credentials in counseling and/or case management.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate excellent software skills and a professional appearance.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including evening.
- High energy, outgoing, team player, and a passion for SBLC’s mission is essential.
- Working mastery of computer programs including Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel, and familiarity with client management systems.
HOURS, COMPENSATION, & BENEFITS
FLSA Status: Full-Time Exempt
The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the associate is often required to read, write, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or controls, reach with hands, and arms, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level is typically moderate.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.