High School Diploma
It is commonly misunderstood that individuals who pass the GED™ exam earn a “GED.” In Maryland, an adult over the age of 17 who passes the GED™ exam earns a Maryland High School Diploma issued by the Department of Labor Licensing and Regulation.
The State of Maryland also awards a Maryland High School Diploma to individuals who complete the National External Diploma Program (NEDP), which is also offered at SBLC.
General Information for Learners
- Call us at 410-625-4215 to schedule an appointment to meet with an intake specialist.
- If a space is not available you will be placed on a waitlist and contacted as soon as one is available.
- Come to the center for a placement test. Keep in mind, you cannot “fail” this test. We will use your scores to determine the best level of instruction for you so you won’t be bored or lost in class.
- Come prepared with your photo id and social security number to enroll. Students age 17-18 must also have an official letter of withdrawal from school.
- To learn more about the test/assessments required to earn your high school diploma, please click here.