SBLC | Learning Work is currently hiring for a Full-Time Technology Specialist.
The Technology Specialist is primarily responsible for supporting instructional and learner technology education needs. This role is also tasked with managing the Center’s technology and data systems in partnership with contracted I.T. service provider(s). The Technology Specialist reports to the Senior Director of Education Programs.
Instructor & Learner Technology Support
- Provides training & support to teachers to ensure integration of student computer competencies as outlined by the Digital Literacy Framework.
- Ensuring learners use all approved online platforms (Aztec, AES, NewsELA, Read Theory, Commonlit) and tracking learner proxy hours.
- Ensure computer instruction process to learners in the computer lab.
- Increase learner digital literacy skills in order to meet MD Digital Literacy Framework.
- Provide audio visual equipment and support as needed for instructional programs.
- Maintain inventory of instructional technology devices, including hardware and software.
- Work collaboratively with the Instructional Specialist to enhance the use of technology throughout the curriculum.
Organizational Information Technology Management
Manage technology and data systems for Center in partnership with contracted I.T. service provider(s).
Develop and oversee maintenance for SBLC’s technology infrastructure. Ensure that weekly, monthly, and annual technology, and network administration occurs.
Attend and contribute to Weekly I.T. Operations Meeting with I.T. service provider.
Act as point of contact for bi-weekly onsite I.T. technician.
Troubleshoot technological issues with/for staff and submit work request support tickets to I.T. service provider for resolution.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND TALENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience in program management and in field of technology and training
- Ability to be hands-on with technology and facilities
- Exceptional problem-solving and consensus-building skills.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency in implementing program procedures and keeping records.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong organizational skills to track/manage client’s work at different stages in the program.
- Possess the ability to relate to people of diverse education, cultural, and economic backgrounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (i.e., weekends and evenings).
HOURS, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
- The budgeted salary for this position is $50,000 annually. Cost of living salary adjustments offered annually.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the associate is often required to read, write, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or controls, reach with hands, and arms, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level is typically moderate.
DISCLAIMER The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate: Baltimore, MD 21230: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Learning technology: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Baltimore, MD 21230