National External Diploma Program
No test required to get your Maryland High School Diploma!
The National External Diploma Program (NEDP) is a competency-based, applied performance assessment system that expects adults to demonstrate their abilities in a series of web-based units that draw from work and life experience. Participants need to be self-directed learners who take responsibility for their own learning by using existing resources.
- Participants complete eight web-based units with 100% accuracy in: Cultural Literacy, Health Literacy, Civic Literacy & Community Participation, Consumer Awareness & Financial Literacy (2 parts), 21st Century Workplace, Geography & History Literacy, and Science Literacy.
- Participants complete their work on the computer at home, library, etc. and at the NEDP site.
- Weekly appointments to the NEDP office are required.
- Participants are given 15 months to complete the program.
- The program is free
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Non-teaching program, must have 10th grade reading, writing, and math skills to qualify.
- Individual Skill required: current or former job verification, certificate/license from a training program
Additional information can be found at www.casas.org/nedp.
For more information or to enroll in NEDP, please complete this form and a staff member will contact you.
If you graduated from the NEDP and would like to obtain a copy of your transcript or a duplicate copy of your diploma, please complete this form and submit it to the MD Department of Labor. SBLC no longer processes these requests for NEDP graduates.